domingo, 23 de noviembre de 2014

Wednesday, 22/10/2014



HOW PRIVILEDGE AM I?

In class we worked about how priviledge ar we and personally from my point of view all of us are priviledge at least because we have the opportunity to be in the university learning something that we like.

We made in groups some survey and then individually.

CSI Quesntionnaire: I made a survey which includes many questions that covers if the individual experienced discrimination of any sort due to their race/ ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, religión or beliefs, physical asapects, gender, or amount of economic resources. The questions asks if the individual has been discrimiated in any of these ways in numerous situations during daily life.




















Analysis of sources:

CIS questionnaire: There are many questions pertaining to discrimination experienced in various spaces such as public places, services, or in the profesional field. Additionally, some questions directly ask how the person’s opinión on how well Spain fights against forms of discrimination.

How privledged are you?: The form scores you based on various identies. Race, sex, orientation, gender, religión, staus, disability and attractiveness are specific áreas that directly relate to if a person will experience discrimination, oppression, or privledge.








Reflection on personal level of priviledge: Based on the scores I received from both priviledge quizzes,(45 it was my score) I am deemed privileged. However even without taking the quizzes, I still consider myself priviledged because I think that I have a lot of good things in my life and the abundant opportunities. 


 RACE: White   +25
SEX: Female    -50
ORIENTATION: Straight  +20
GENDER: Cis +20
COUNTRY: 0
RELIGION: 0
STATUS: 0 
DISABILITY: +25
ATTRACTIVENESS: + 10
SIZE: 0
PROFESSION: -5

---------------------------
TOTAL: 45 (above average)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario