domingo, 7 de diciembre de 2014

Wednesday, 26/11/2014

TEXT + MESUT ÖZIL

We had worked in groups around the text that we had prepared, sharing the mein ideas and summarizing.
The erasmus students had another different text and Antoine share with us some aspects of france.

This are my Gimenez exercise:















And then, we talk and work about some view from Europe: "Failed" Multiculturalism:

- Who is Mesut Özil? 

Mesut Özil was born 15 October 1988 is a German professional footballer who nowadays plays for English club Arsenal and the German national team.

He is a third-generation Turkish-German (His grandparents came to Germany 60 years ago to find a job.) who, in reference to his game, concludes, "My technique and feeling for the ball is the Turkish side to my game. The discipline, attitude and always-give-your-all is the German part." Although of Turkish descent, his entire life he has been committed to Germany because he refuse a offer of the Turkish selection when he was 17. He decided to play with the German selection because he felt from there.

Özil is a practising Muslim. He recites from the Quran before his matches. Talking to the Berlin-based daily Der Tagesspiegel, Özil said, "I always do that before I go out [on the pitch]. I pray and my teammates know that they cannot talk to me during this brief period." He observes fasting during the Islamic month of Ramadan but he has admitted that: "Because of my job I cannot follow Ramadan properly. I do it only the few days I can, only when I have a free day. But other than that it's impossible, because you have to drink and eat a lot to stay at peak fitness."

In 2010, Özil received the Bambi award for being a prime example of successful integration within German society.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario